The Government Relations Intern will operate in an entry-level, administrative Government Relations function. The intern will be involved in all activities related to Government Relations in a fast-paced, dynamic entertainment, sports, and fashion conglomerate. The intern will assist with all facets of Government Relations, including legislative research, event planning, and internal and external presentations.
Will Work On:
1. Work with the Government Relations team on day-to-day tasks and long-term projects.
2. Assist with planning events to host elected officials and candidates.
3. Conduct research on political and legislative issues.
4. Research and update government contacts.
5. Assist with compiling materials for internal and external presentations/meetings.
Must be enrolled in a relevant academic program; i.e. Government Relations, Public Affairs, Public Policy, International Affairs, Politics, Law. Junior, Senior, or Graduate level is preferred.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
3. Proficient in writing and editing copy.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
6. Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information.
UFC conducts pre-employment background and drug screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
REQUIRED for applciaiton:
How did you hear about this job?
What level are you in your academic program (junior, senior, graduate student)?
What do you want to learn from this experience, and please, don't tell us that you want to learn the day-to-day operations of a sports organization or a department. We want to make sure that the experience helps build the skills and knowledge necessary to help you get to your career goals. So, specifically, what do you want to learn from the experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
When do you expect to graduate?