Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements (include, but are not limited to):
- Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree. Minimum Experience Requirements: Five years.
- Proven non-profit experience, minimum of 5 years, particularly as it relates to working with groups, volunteers and individuals to plan and execute programs and support donor cultivation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google Docs, and CRM database for donor management.
- Proficient in the use of social media— Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and through written word.
- Accountability for individual job performance and behavior to include:
- Desire to achieve a high degree of excellence in job performance and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to work under multiple priorities with tight time schedules.
- Flexible working hours are essential. Availability to work evenings/weekends of lectures and retreats required.
Prior work experience in Charleston, South Carolina desired.
General Purpose: The Sophia Institute (TSI) is a non-profit organization that provides leading edge programs supporting the rise of the feminine, joining with the masculine, cultivating wisdom, mindfulness, and well-being for a more just, sustainable and conscious world. TSI offers retreats, lectures and special events featuring nationally renowned authors and teachers. TSI has convened Social Justice Racial Equity Collaborative(SJREC) and offers ongoing forums, Living Your Truth, centered on truth, justice and transformation. The ideal candidate will be in alignment with TSI's mission and vision.
Primary and Essential Duties (included, but not limited to):
Exercises discretion and independent judgment to coordinate, plan and hospitably manage all programs, and administrative functions, to include, but not limited to:
- Effectively communicating program offerings, including formulating plans for marketing materials, developing weekly newsletters with MailChimp, updating content on website, and managing all social media platforms.
- Overseeing program activities, including virtual programming, that include logistical planning and execution, coordination with presenters' staff and other related event functions.
- Ensuring needs are meet for participants, visitors, and guest speakers; and executing seamless event management from greeting participants to evaluation of programs.
- Coordinating set up and breakdown of all events, ensuring successful operation; including use of volunteers for support and implementation.
- Developing additional avenues for revenue generation to help meet the budget and assuring that those goals are achieved, such as a planned giving program.
- Effectively communicating program offerings to the greater public.
- Ability to communicate and express effectively, both verbal and written, with the Founder/Director, Board members, presenters, and participants.
- Graciously and timely responding to inquiries, including cross marketing events and programs, and tracking reservations through NeonCRM database.
- Responsible for issuing and tracking registration confirmations with all participants.
- Working with the Board and Founder/ Director in the identification, solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of donors and donor prospects including the on-going annual fundraising luncheon, direct mail campaign, communications and marketing.
- Participating in planning and implementation of initiatives and serving as executive administrator in on-going activities, such as board meetings, team meetings, board correspondence and financial budgeting.
- Managing prospect/donor/registration tracking system, NeonCRM, which includes providing for proper recognition of donors and generating reports on development activities. Coordinating the development and management of volunteers and team meetings.
- Managing and/or writing grants and contracts when received (supervising expenditures terms and conditions, reporting requirements, etc.).
Other Essential Duties
- Implementing program with input from Founder/ Director.
- Flexibility and management of details is essential. This position performs other essential activities or duties on an as-needed or regular basis as requested by the Founder/ Director or her designee.
- Such other and further duties as may be assigned by the Founder/Director from time to time.