Message: Undefined property: stdClass::$blog_title
Line Number: 14
Public Relations Communication Specialist
Goodwill Southeast Georgia is seeking a creative, highly organized, and energetic communications professional to join their marketing team. The Public Relations and Communications Specialist will work directly with the Vice President of Community Engagement and responsibilities include writing and editing communications materials and providing communications support for a variety of projects, campaigns and events to increase mission awareness amongst the business community, media and the public.
The ideal candidate will have a BA in communications, public relations, political science or a related field, plus a minimum of three years related experience; strong verbal and written communications skills; experience in the nonprofit industry; excellent organization and time management skills; experience with Adobe suite; ability to multitask and prioritize assignments; self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This position will be instrumental in the development and execution of PR plans and strategies of Goodwill Southeast Georgia’s social enterprise. The PR & Communications Specialist facilitates the smooth running of daily operations and success of all PR/marketing efforts.
The PR/Communications Specialist works as part of a dynamic team responsible for content ideation, achieving high brand standards, and meeting deadlines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and maintain calendars (editorial, press conferences, events etc.) and media lists
2. Draft and distribute releases
3. Track media coverage or PR metrics (e.g. Cision)
4. Produce multiple monthly newsletters to inform internal associates, customers and clients
5. Support relationships with local media contacts, stakeholders and mission advocates
6. Conduct research to support PR planning
7. Create effective presentations as assigned utilizing multiple platforms (Powerpoint, Vyond)
8. Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions
9. Assist in organizing, execution and documentation of events, campaigns etc.
10. Invent ways to streamline communication and plan execution
11. Undertake general administrative and clerical duties
12. Ability to relate to people on all socioeconomic levels.
13. Possess a valid Driver’s License and be insurable by company carrier.
14. Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as required.
15. The ability to travel on an occasional basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Proven experience as PR assistant or similar position
Understanding of PR and marketing concepts and practices
Excellent communication, written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Willingness to follow industry trends and current methods
Well-organized, able to work with deadlines
Excellent brainstorming and creativity skills
Ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
An analytical mind with attention to detail
Demonstrated experience with web-based platforms including Cision, MailChimp, Vyond and Survey Monkey
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Knowledgeable of design and typography principles and practices
Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CC) including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop a plus
Outgoing and confident
BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field
Application Process.Apply Here
|Company:||Goodwill of Coastal|
|Party Affiliation:||Non Partisan|
SHARE THIS JOB